Merbau sliced veneer is a popular and exclusive finishing material. This is a very strong, wear-resistant wood species, therefore, the veneer from it is used for internal and external works, where water and temperature resistance is needed. We offer to buy veneer in Ukraine from Merbau and other exotic species directly from foreign partners.
Advantages of working with us
We strive to satisfy the needs of each client in terms of price and quality. Here you will find favorable conditions regardless of your production volumes.
- Delivery in Ukraine and other countries directly from our warehouses.
- A wide range of veneers — more than 50 species.
- A network of sales offices where you can get acquainted with the products and place an order.
- Associated materials for the manufacture of furniture and doors: glues, varnishes, paints.
- Technical advice and assistance in the selection of products.
Characteristics of sliced veneer Merbau
- Wood species: Merbau
- Thickness: 0.54 mm
- Length specification:
- “Furniture” — up to 2050 mm
- “Door” — 2100-2750 mm
- “Panel” — 2800 mm +
- Country of origin of raw materials: Import
- Manufacturer: Import
- Packaging: in separate packages with an individual bar code and packaging information, on pallets up to 5000 m2.
Sorting by quality
- Grade A — width from 100 mm, uniform color and texture: without knots, stem and core rays and mechanical damage. “Live” knots — 1 pc. per linear meter.
- Grade B — width from 100 mm, minor defects are allowed: color changes, roughness (corrugation), stem and core rays, “live” knots.
- Grade C — width from 90 mm, such defects are allowed: color changes, roughness (corrugation), stem and core rays, protein (sapwood), knots.
We also sort by request related varieties — “AB, BC”, which gives us the opportunity to fully satisfy your needs in the ratio of price and quality.
The application of Merbau sliced veneer
Merbau sliced veneer is a durable material that is resistant to external factors, temperature changes, does not dry out, is suitable for external and internal finishing work.
It lends itself well to steam bending, gluing, and drilling is needed before installing fasteners or driving in nails. It is perfectly polished, accepts varnishes, paints and other finishing materials.
Scopes of application:
- Finishing of furniture.
- Door manufacturing.
- Finishing musical instruments.
- Turning products.
- Interior and decor.
- Wall and ceiling panels.
- Floors, railings, steps.
- Terrace board finish.
Characteristics of Wood
Merbau is the commercial name for a group of trees native to East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Australia. The heartwood is no different from sapwood in color. The fresh-cut has a bright orange-brown color, which darkens over time and becomes dark brown. Small yellow mineral deposits make the pattern even more interesting.
The grains are straight or interlaced, the texture is coarse, rough, with curls and moderate natural shine. The structure is diffuse-porous, with very large pores. The medullar rays are narrow, almost invisible.
Technical properties of wood
|Botanical name||Intsia spp.|
|Tensile strength, MPa||Compression along the fibers — 9.17
Static bending — 115
|Density, kg / m3||640|
|Hardness (Brinell coefficient)||4.1|
|Elastic modulus, GPa||15.93|
|Color||Dark brown with a reddish tint|
|Texture||Coarse, with straight or interwoven fibers, natural shine.|
|Workability||well tolerates varnish, glue.|
|Wear resistance||Top class|
|Natural moisture content||40%|
About the producer of planed veneer
We guarantee high-quality veneer, as we supply it directly from the Ukrainian manufacturer “Euroshpon-Smyga”. The company holds a leading position in the production of veneers in the country. This is evidenced by certificates of compliance with international standards: ISO 9001: 2009, IWAY, FSC.
“Euroshpon-Smyga” is a reliable partner for large and small enterprises from Ukraine and other countries: Denmark, Spain, Poland, Lithuania, Greece, Slovakia, Russia, Belarus.
In the sales offices of Euroshpon-Trade in Ukraine (Kiev, Dnipro, Lviv, Kharkov), Belarus (Minsk) you can buy sliced veneer of Merbau and other materials. Contact us at the contact numbers indicated on the site, or leave a request, and our managers will contact you.
Euroshpon-Trade — everything for furniture and door manufacturers!