Adhesive melt for edgebanding of Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 250 COOL (formerly DORUS KS 250 COOL) — glue-melt based on EVA
Adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 250 COOL has the following characteristics:
|Product type||Melt adhesive|
Areas of Application
- Edgebanding on passing equipment from 15 m/min
- Edge material: veneer, melamine, polyester, HPL*, PVC*, ABS*, PP*
- Softforming of complex profiles
- Can be used on manual edge banding equipment
* Applicability depends on the characteristics of the edge material and priming.
- Low viscosity
- Little filled
- Very good thermal stability
- Forms a rigid adhesive seam
- High efficiency
- Very good wetting of surfaces to be cleaned
- Very clean application
- High bond strength after full polymerization
Technical data Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 250 COOL
|Softening point (ring and ball), °C||~100|
|Brookfield viscosity is 140 °C, mPa*s||~100 000|
|Brookfield viscosity is 180 °C, mPa*s||~15 000|
|Temperature resistance, °C (Tested on 0.6 mm oak veneer using the Henkel standard temperature increase technique)||~85|
Recommendations for use
Before use, read the Safety Data Sheet for information on safety precautions and safety recommendations. Always take precautionary measures. Please always follow the internal safety instructions. If necessary, contact Henkel for support.
Instructions for use of the adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 250 COOL
- Recommended operating temperature: in the melting tank — 140-160 °C
- Recommended operating temperature: on the applicator roller — 140-160 °C
Melt adhesives release volatile substances even within operating temperatures. The smell of vapors may cause irritation. Long-term temperature influence on the melt can cause partial decomposition of the glue. Therefore, it is necessary to take measures to ensure the removal of vapors from the working area, for example, by installing aspirating equipment.
Storage of melt adhesive TECHNOMELT KS 250 COOL
Store in original tightly closed container in a cool dry place. Shelf life (in the original packaging) is 2 years.