Description and characteristics — Alder sliced veneer
The “Euroshpon-Trade” company offers high-quality, natural and eco-friendly material at affordable prices. To buy veneer in Ukraine wholesale from the manufacturer “Evroshpon-Smyga” is a guarantee of quality, confirmed both by our customers and by compliance with domestic and international standards.
Alder sliced veneer — soft, amenable to treatment, perfectly imitating the more valuable wood species, versatile in the interior decoration. With us you can buy veneer at a low price, in several options of length and grade. We offer products directly from the manufacturer “Euroshpon-Smyga”, at the most favorable conditions for wholesale buyers.
Advantages of working with us
“Euroshpon-Trade” is open for cooperation with large and small enterprises. We offer an individual approach and high quality service, allowing you to buy cheap, high quality sliced veneer.
- Delivery to any place in Ukraine and the world.
- Direct deliveries from “Euroshpon-Smyga” and other leading manufacturers.
- A wide range of sliced veneer — more than 50 options.
- Products samples in our sales offices.
- Help of technical specialists, full support throughout the transaction.
- Nice prices for alder veneer and other wood species.
Characteristics of alder sliced veneer
- Wood species: alder
- Veneer thickness: 0.54 mm
- Length options:
- “Panel” — 2800 mm and more
- “Door” — 2100-2750 mm
- “Furniture” — up to 2050 mm
- Country of origin of raw materials: Ukraine
- Manufacturer: “Euroshpon-Smyga”
- Packaging: individual packages on pallets up to 5000 m2, there is an individual bar code and packaging information.
Sorting by quality
- Grade A — width 100 mm and above, the surface of the veneer is flat, without core and stem rays, mechanical defects. “Live” knots— 1 piece per linear meter. Uniform color pattern.
- Grade B — width 100 mm and more. Errors: corrugations (irregularities), stem and medullary rays, “live” knots, color uneven.
- Grade C — width 90 mm and more. The following errors are allowed: corrugation, sapwood (protein part of the stem), stem and medullary rays, knots.
We also sort on request related varieties — “AB, BC”. This makes it possible to fully satisfy requests in the “price-quality” ratio.
Using of alder sliced veneer
Alder sliced veneer is an inexpensive material, mainly used for finishing doors, furniture, interiors. Suitable only to indoors, due to poor resistance to external factors,
Perfectly endures moisture, has low heat conductivity, therefore it can be used in baths, saunas, bathrooms, kitchens. Inelastic, but perfectly glued, cutting, fastening.
- Wall decoration, railings.
- Production of interior doors, arches, platbands.
- Making laminate flooring.
- Facing composite materials for the manufacture of furniture and doors.
- Facing interior parts of furniture.
- Making musical instruments.
When cut off, alder veneer is almost white, but on contact with air it quickly oxidizes, acquiring a yellowish or even orange color.
Amenable to all types of mechanical and chemical treatment allows you to imitate valuable species, such as eben or wenge. When coated with varnish, the color becomes uniform, therefore, large areas can be covered with alder veneer.
Characteristics of alder wood
Alder is characterized by lightness, softness, low shrinkability, cracking and moisture resistance. This is a “breathing” wood with a density below average. Known for its anti-allergic and anti-bacterial properties. This material is convenient for treatment, that is why craftsmen love it so much.
- Pattern. There are almost no differences in color between the core and the tree rings, both in plain cut or quarter cut. The core rays are rarely located, on sliced veneer they are presented in the form of wavy light stripes or spots.
- Colour. Light shade with a yellowish tone.
- Texture. Uniform, rough, without streaks, dense.
Technical properties of alder wood
Botanical name Alnus incana Breaking point, MPa Crushing strength — 45
Stretching across the fibers — 7.2
Stretching along the fibers — 98
Chipping along the fibers — 8.0
Density (dried weight), kg / m3 420-640 Hardness (Brinell coefficient) 3 Elastic Modulus, GPa 14.2 Color light, yellowish Texture From small to medium, granular Shrinkage Low Workability Difficult to hammer in nails Wear resistance Top class Natural moisture 100% Durability Top class
About the manufacturer of sliced veneer
“Euroshpon-Smyga” is the leader on the Ukrainian market of wood processing. It is renowned not only for sliced veneer, but also the bending edge, lumber.
The company has passed a number of certifications confirming its professionalism, high quality products, social responsibility, high technology, environmental friendliness. This compliance with ISO 9001: 2009, IWAY, FSC®. Since 2018, the company is an authorized supplier of IKEA.
Products made by Euroshpon-Smyga are trusted in Ukraine and abroad. Permanent partners are enterprises of Poland, Greece, Lithuania, Denmark, Spain, Russia, Slovakia, Belarus.
In the “Euroshpon-Trade” offices located in Ukraine (Kiev, Dnepr, Lviv, Kharkiv), Belarus (Minsk) you can buy sliced alder veneer, other lumber, glues, varnishes. Contact us by phone numbers listed on the site, or leave a request, and our managers will contact you.
“Euroshpon-Trade” — everything for manufacturers of furniture and doors!