Adhesive melt for edgebanding of Henkel TECHNOMELT DORUS KS 351 (formerly DORUS KS 351) — unfilled glue-melt based on EVA
Adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT DORUS KS 351 has the following characteristics:
|Product type||Unfilled hot melt adhesive|
|Appearance||Granules, Transparent, White|
Areas of Application
- Edgebanding on pass-through machines with a speed of 12 m/min
- Edgebanding material: solid wood, veneer, melamine, polyester, HEP*, PVC*, ABS*, PP*
- Softforming of complex profiles
- Recommended for machining centers
* Applicability depends on the characteristics of the edge material and priming.
- Average viscosity
- Universal adhesive melt
- Very good thermal stability
- Forms a strong, almost invisible glue joint
- Very high temperature resistance of the adhesive seam
- High efficiency
- Very good wetting of surfaces to be cleaned
- Ensures the formation of a flat surface even with thin edge materials
- High bond strength after complete polymerization
Technical data Henkel TECHNOMELT DORUS KS 351
|Softening point (ring and ball), °C||~ 110|
|Brookfield viscosity: 180 °C, mPa*s||~ 140,000|
|Brookfield viscosity is 200 °C, mPa*s||~ 75,000|
|Temperature resistance, °C (Tested on 0.6 mm oak veneer using the Henkel standard temperature increase technique)||~ 90|
Recommendations for use
Before use, read the Safety Data Sheet for information on safety precautions and safety recommendations. Always take precautionary measures. Please always follow the internal safety instructions. If necessary, contact Henkel for support.
Instructions for use of the adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT DORUS KS 351
- Recommended operating temperature: in the melting tank — 180-200 °C
- Recommended operating temperature: on the applicator roller — 190-200 °C
Melt adhesives release volatile substances even within operating temperatures. The smell of vapors may cause irritation. Long-term temperature influence on the melt can cause partial decomposition of the glue. Therefore, it is necessary to take measures to ensure the removal of vapors from the working area, for example, by installing aspirating equipment.
Keeping the melt glue TECHNOMELT DORUS KS 351
Store in original tightly closed container in a cool dry place. Shelf life (in the original packaging) is 2 years.