Adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2 for edgebanding
Description and characteristics — Adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2 for edgebanding
Adhesive melt for edgebanding of Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2 (formerly DORUS KS 224/2) — glue-melt based on EVA
Adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2 has the following characteristics:
|Product type||Melt adhesive|
Areas of Application
- Edgebanding on low-speed passing equipment up to 10 m/min
- Special application field for manual edgebanding machines with speed up to 3 m/min
- It is Possible to apply the adhesive directly to the edge material
- Edge material: veneer, melamine, polyester, PVC*, ABS*, PP* up to 1 mm thick*
* Applicability depends on the characteristics of the edge material and priming.
- Low viscosity
- Low consumption when used for lamination and caching
- Very good wetting
- High efficiency
Technical data Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2
|Softening point (ring and ball), °C||~85|
|Brookfield viscosity is 140 °C, mPa*s||~85 000|
|Brookfield viscosity is 180 °C, mPa*s||~17 000|
|Temperature resistance, °C (Tested on 0.6 mm oak veneer using the Henkel standard temperature increase technique)||~75|
Recommendations for use
Before use, read the Safety Data Sheet for information on safety precautions and safety recommendations. Always take precautionary measures. Please always follow the internal safety instructions. If necessary, contact Henkel for support.
Instructions for use of the adhesive melt Henkel TECHNOMELT KS 224/2
- Recommended operating temperature: in the melting tank — 120-140 °C
- Recommended operating temperature: on the applicator roller — 120-140 °C
Melt adhesives release volatile substances even within operating temperatures. The smell of vapors may cause irritation. Long-term temperature influence on the melt can cause partial decomposition of the glue. Therefore, it is necessary to take measures to ensure the removal of vapors from the working area, for example, by installing aspirating equipment.
Storage of melt adhesive TECHNOMELT KS 224/2
Store in original tightly closed container in a cool dry place. Shelf life (in the original packaging) is 2 years.